What is it?
Fields are the gaps you choose to have in the forms of the different objects. You can set up three types of fields: regular fields, global picklists and groups.
How does it work?
To create and manage your fields, you need to have an admin account. Click on your user name and go to Account Settings.
There, go to Data Management, specifically to Fields.
You can edit and create regular fields, global picklists and groups as we have said before.
Let's see fields here!
- Fields: Here you'll find all the system fields (those created by Bloobirds; you can see, edit some information or hide but not delete them) and the fields you create. First, select the object's fields you want to see.
There are some filters such as field type or group you can use to concrete the content viewed.
You also have some tags you can use to filter the content in a more specific way: see the enabled, the required, the read-only or duplicate validation ones.
In case you know exactly which one you are looking for, you can write the name in the search gap.
You can add fields by clicking on + CREATE NEW FIELD.
Write a name a choose a field type. In case, for example, you want a picklist, you'll also need to choose the picklist type.
Then, answer two questions:
- Should this field be mandatory? You have to mark this field as required or not. If the field is not filled in, it's not possible to save an object either manually or by import.
- Should this field be read-only? You have to mark this field as read-only or not. The field won't be editable on forms but will be visible on previews.
After completing the main information, you have to set the style. Choose which group, order and size you want to see this field. You can add an icon and set the layout.
In addition, you can fill in other information. This is optional. You can:
- Add a description.
- Mark if you want to check this field to avoid duplicates or not. We recommend using the name and/or email fields for this purpose.
- Mark if you want to see this field indexed in filters. If this field is indexed, it will be visible in filters and can be used as a filter.
Click on CREATE.
*Take into account that, if you choose picklist as the field type, after setting it, you can choose between CREATE or CREATE & ADD VALUE.
If you click on CREATE & ADD VALUE, you'll need to choose a sort of value, write a name and add a score (if you want). Click on ADD. You can add as many values as you want. Once it's done, click on SAVE VALUES.
Once created, you can preview all of this in the Test your layouts at the top of the page.
Finally, for each filter you have the option of: activating or deactivating it, hiding or making it visible in forms, editing or deleting it.
By clicking on the delete icon, a pop-up will appear asking if you are sure. Click on DELETE.
Remember that those system fields created by Bloobirds can't be deleted or managed by you.